Before the Storm Hits:
• Cover windows and doors and secure outdoor furniture.
• Make sure you have three gallons of water per family member.
• Refill your prescriptions, fill up your car with gas and withdraw a week’s worth of cash since power outages may interrupt these services temporarily.
• Place important, valuable papers such as your log of possessions in waterproof bags.
• If you live in a trailer home and are told to evacuate, do so immediately.
During the Storm:
• You should have canned food for at least three days and a can opener.
• Listen to your battery-operated radio for instructions from the local authorities on evacuation and safety guidelines.
• Seek shelter in an interior room away from windows, such as a closet. If you hear the winds subside, do not assume that the storm is over. The calm may be the eye of the storm, in which case the worst is yet to come.
• If the electricity goes out, use a flashlight to see; do not use candles.
After the Storm:
• Make sure you have pet food and supplies for three days.
• When inspecting your home for damage, wear sturdy shoes and clothing as protection.
• Contact a trained expert to turn off damaged utilities and appliances instead of trying to do it yourself.
• Drink only bottled water until tap water is deemed safe.
Your safety and well-being are our main concern and we are here to assist you in any way possible.
If you require access to your policies, claims, or certificates, please log in to your Scirocco 24/7 account. There will be someone accesible by telephone throughout the storm, and after, to provide answers for your questions, receive claims, and adopt policy changes on your behalf. They are prepared to stay on the line with you until you are satised with your service. Log In Here
If you prefer to contact us by phone, please visit our contact page for important phone numbers to utilize during the storm.