Inland Marine Industry-Specific Coverage: Construction

        Fill Your Coverage Gaps with Inland Marine Insurance


     • Builder’s Risk: Protection for damage to buildings or structures
     under construction, renovation or repair.

     • Contractor’s Equipment: Protects equipment and tools that are
     normally excluded under typical Builder’s Risk Insurance.

     • Installation: Covers machinery and equipment during transit,
     installation and/or testing at project sites.

     • Rigger’s Liability: Protection when acting as a rigger for the
     property of others in their care, control and custody.

Years ago, Inland Marine Insurance was used strictly in the ocean marine industry to protect against property losses before, during and after water transfers. Throughout time, the non-ocean part of the cargo journey developed, cargoes were transferred to barge, and thus, the term “inland marine” was coined. These policies became known as “floaters” because the property covered was originally “floating” in the ocean.