Inland Marine Industry-Specific Coverage: Technology and Communication
Fill Your Coverage Gaps with Inland Marine Insurance
• Cable Television: Protection for property that is essential to cable television systems.
• Electronic Equipment: Insures equipment that uses microprocessors and semiconductors.
• Medical Imaging Equipment: Protects mobile medical equipment housed at hospitals, clinics and other similar premises.
• Physicians and Surgeons: Covers medical, surgical and dental equipment, supplies and instruments used in the medical and dental fields.
• Radio and Television Towers
• Scientific Instruments
• Telecommunication Equipment: Protects telephones, computers, fax machines, video conferencing audio and visual equipment and teleconferencing equipment.
Years ago, Inland Marine Insurance was used strictly in the ocean marine industry to protect against property losses before, during and after water transfers. Throughout time, the non-ocean part of the cargo journey developed, cargoes were transferred to barge, and thus, the term “inland marine” was coined. These policies became known as “floaters” because the property covered was originally “floating” in the ocean.