Inland Marine Industry-Specific Coverage: Transportation

        Fill Your Coverage Gaps with Inland Marine Insurance


     • Commercial Transport: Coverage for goods and merchandise in transit
     for truckers, warehouses, shippers and logistics operators.

     • Legal Liability: Coverage for sums the policyholder is obligated to
     cover as a result of damage from a covered loss to property of others.

     • Motor Truck Cargo: Protects owners and operators of trucks against
     losses to owned property or property of others while in transport.

     • Railroad Rolling Stock: Protects rolling stock owned or leased by
     railroad companies or other businesses.

     • Tank Storage: Protects tanks, pipelines and appurtenances and
     their contents while in the insured’s care, custody and control.

Years ago, Inland Marine Insurance was used strictly in the ocean marine industry to protect against property losses before, during and after water transfers. Throughout time, the non-ocean part of the cargo journey developed, cargoes were transferred to barge, and thus, the term “inland marine” was coined. These policies became known as “floaters” because the property covered was originally “floating” in the ocean.