Necessary Testing and Certifications for Commercial Property Fire Coverage

        Commercial Property Fire Coverage


The following must be reviewed or completed before receiving an ISO credit:

     • Main Drain Test

     • Copy of the Underground and Overhead Piping
     Hydraulic Test Certificate

     • Dry Pipe Trip Test Results
     (systems with dry pipe valves only)

     • Fire Pump Performance Test Results
     (systems with fire pumps only)

     • System Design Criteria Evaluation
     (through a review of the sprinkler plans, hydraulic calculations
     or hydraulic data plaque information)

A fire in your workplace can be extremely costly. In addition to the costs associated with fixing the damages, there is also a good chance that your day-to-day business activities will be interrupted during the repairs. To avoid potential expenses related to workplace fires, it is important that you have adequate fire coverage. Fire coverage is included as part of most property insurance policies for commercial buildings. However, it is important that you understand your policy to make sure it provides all the protection you need and that you are paying the right amount in premiums.